Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Leaps and Bounds

That's how it seems my baby boy is growing lately.

He's gotten really good at repeating what we say now. The newest terms he's added to his vocabulary are "poo poo butt" (after me telling him he had one as I was hosing him off one morning) and "peeper" (yes, that's exactly what it sounds like).

I laughed hysterically at both when I heard them come from his mouth.

He still babbles like crazy and although we have no idea what he's saying most of the time, he knows EXACTLY what he's saying. I'll look at him and say " I have no idea what you're talking about." and he'll get right in my face and repeat it exactly like he said it before like I'm slow on the uptake. Duh, Ma.

Oh yes, and I'm no longer "Momma" most of the time. I'm now just "Ma". Apparently he's too busy to get the whole word out. I tell him bye-bye and he'll say "Bye, Ma!" as he's running past me to his next activity.

He's learned when things are hot. He's learned to ask for a banana by name. He's mastered the use of saying "thank you"

This whole thing is so bittersweet. On one hand, I can't wait until he's really talking and I can have conversations with him that make sense. On the other hand, I just need him to stop growing so fast. He'll be 20 months old soon and that's only 4 months away from 2! 2 years old! Ugh. He's so big.

Sometimes I'll look at him and his long legs and his big boy cups and it just kills me how big he is. All I can think is one day he's going to be an obnoxious teenager (because let's face it, all teenagers have some degree of obnoxious) and my little baby boy with his red curls and his killer dimples is going to be a memory.

Sigh. I'm seriously just too emotional about it lately! I'm sure I'll get over it when we go to potty train and I'm wishing we could skip that part and he can just magically use the potty by himself!

He may be a big boy, but that thumb in his mouth gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment