Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Giant Step

Hello, dear blog. I've been neglecting you.

I've been meaning to write for a while now, but....

A salesman just knocked on my door. At 7:00 at night. Right when I put the baby to bed and of course the dog is going crazy. I DON'T WANT WHAT YOU'RE SELLING!

Sorry. Anyway. I've been meaning to write for awhile now, but tax season is fully upon us and between working Saturdays and just being generally exhausted at the end of the day I haven't found the energy.

Tomorrow is Punkin's birthday! He's such a big boy I can't believe it. He pretty much has walking down. He's still a bit wobbly and he's definitely not running around yet but he's getting there. It seems like he's doing a little better everyday. He's mastered drinking from a straw (which I am so very thankful for!) and we finally tried him with some peanut butter. He did great! Daddy is excited for PB&J sandwiches.

I'm having trouble coming up with dinner and lunch ideas for him. I know everyone tells me just to let him eat what I eat but it's not that simple. He goes to bed at 7 and we feed him dinner at 6. Austin and I don't even start cooking whatever we're going to eat until after he's in bed. I don't even get off work until 5 so I don't really have a whole lot of time to cook. I'm very ashamed to admit that he's been getting a lot of pre made gerber and beech nut meals as of late. So if anyone out there in cyber land has any ideas for healthy and quick dinner and lunch ideas for a 1 year old, let me know!

I've made a late new year's resolution. Less TV! The TV is constantly on in my house. Even if we're not watching it, it's on for background noise. The only time we put it on exclusively for Punkin is first thing in the morning when he first wakes up, we bring him in the bed with us and turn on Disney channel and just chill with him for a bit. The rest of the time it's on whatever and he's crawling around playing not paying much attention to it. Lately though, I've found him completely drawn to it. It's a task to feed him if the TV is on because he wants to watch it.

I think it's been going pretty well so far. Whenever I'm home with him, I try not to turn the TV on unless he's down for a nap and I have some down time. I've been trying to get Austin on board with me, and when I get home for lunch or after work it's usually off, but it could've been one a minute earlier and he's just going along for my benefit. I like having the TV off. I feel like we can listen to each other a little better and we can play with Jax a little more attentively. Here's hoping it sticks!

Punks birthday party is this weekend, so I'll try to update with lots of pics! We also have a photo shoot with Kira Derryberry Photography on Sunday for his 1 year pictures so hopefully I can share one of those soon!

Here's one to hold you over:

I couldn't resist this bib!


No comments:

Post a Comment