Friday, January 6, 2012

Noise

My last post was terribly depressing and whiny. Sigh.

Since I've written that post, I've found the perfect bedding, felt baby girl kick from the outside, researched cloth diapers with a vengeance, and I've given Punkin about a thousand smooches and laughed at him singing the Jumpy Jump song from "Yo Gabba, Gabba!" (or "A Beeba, Beeba!", if you're my toddler). I've had a very encouraging conversation with my husband about money after the baby is born, wherein I could not hear the eye roll in his voice when he talked about me staying home (progress!). I finished Mindy Kaling's super funny book and I've watched more Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and was able to bask in the glory that is Spike, the vampire.

So, things are looking up.

I am getting more excited about this impending little one. I am still a little scared of the unknowns and what what-ifs, but I'm trying really hard to push those aside and just get things figured out and taken care of. Punkin is growing so much every day and doing something new and impossibly funny all the time. I'm going to miss having just him to love on, but I'm going to love loving them both and seeing him with his baby sister.

I keep telling myself the very most important thing is that this baby is healthy and happy. Everything will be taken care of one way or another, but as long as she gets here healthy, that's what matters the most. Everything else is just noise.

Daddy wishes he could grow this luxurious 'stache.

No comments:

Post a Comment