Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Still Alive!

With tax season in full swing and a very active toddler running around, I haven't had much time to even think about posting!

I don't know if two is some magical number, but it seems like since he turned two Punkin has all of a sudden decided to grow up and learn new things every day. He's diligently working on his letters and numbers, and he's also studying the fine works of "colors". The way he says purple slays me every time.

He's got a full vocabulary now and even though I can't understand him sometimes, he still looks me right in the eye and repeats himself while I say "uh-huh" and nod my head in approval at something I'm really not sure of. He repeats EVERYTHING so we've had to be really careful about our language...we've had a couple of slips and while hilarious, I do not want my child to start cursing on the regular.

We've been busy this past week getting things ready for baby girl's arrival. On Saturday we set up her room which included moving the changing table from Punkin's room to her room. I think he's starting to stress about the change a little. He was definitely confused on Saturday as to why there is another crib set up that he can't get in and jump on. He didn't like that we moved some of his stuffed animals that he doesn't play with in to her room, so I had to rescue a giraffe from the baby's crib for him to hold and snuggle and then promptly throw down. He just seems to want more attention and snuggles lately, and I'm pretty okay with that.

Sometimes when Austin and I are playing with him, or when we're cuddling on the couch watching "fishy" (that's Finding Nemo for those uneducated in toddler speak) I get a little sad that he's not going to be my only baby any more. I worry about giving him enough attention with having a newborn to nurse and change all day long. I know once she gets here I'll be able to figure out a balance, but for now I'm just trying to soak up as much one on one time with Punkin as possible.

I had a doctor appointment today and baby girl is already weighing in at over 4lbs. Punkin was 8.3 when he was born so I wasn't expecting a small baby or any thing. They said she'll probably be around the 8lb mark but I'll also be having her a week early due to a repeat c-section and girls tend to weigh less so we shall see. I've started getting her clothes together and I've got her bedding in the crib already (I couldn't wait!) so we're patiently waiting.

I only have 7 more weeks to go! Gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment