Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Too Much

That's how I feel about life right now. There's just too much to do.

We went to the beach for my Daddy's 50th birthday this weekend, and it was amazing. The weather called for storms all weekend, and it stayed beautiful until we left Sunday morning (then it started to pour and Austin was caught in it while riding a moped he rented. Rain apparently HURTS!). Punkin had a wonderful time splashing in the water with his cousins and he's become quite the little daredevil. He would have gladly dived head first into the ocean if we had let him. I'm glad he's not scared, but I wish he was a little more cautious!

Skeeter was a dream the whole time we were there. My Dad says she was the best behaved out of everyone! She played quietly on her mat. She slept surprisingly well considering we were all in one room (her in the pack n play, Punkin in the bed with us). She loves to play with her Paw Paw so I think she was happy to be with him all weekend.

She's rolling from her belly to her back all the time (I turn my head for a second and she's on her back!) and she's grabbing at things she's interested in. She's super close to rolling from her back to her belly, but her arm always gets in the way. When we put her on her play mat, she likes to grab on to her toy butterfly that dangles above her and shake it so it makes noise. It's something so simple, yet so adorable. It's funny what makes us feel all fuzzy inside as parents.

Punkin is going pee in the potty like a champ...as long as he's naked. We pretty much just let him run around the house all day bare bottomed. Whenever we try to put pants or underwear on him, he just pees in it like he's wearing a diaper. Sometimes he'll pee just a little and then let us know he needs to go pee in the potty. I guess it's a work in progress at the moment. He did poop in the potty once and we lost our minds celebrating (I'm pretty sure I gave him the equivalent of a full bag of M&M's) but it's only happened the one time. It'll probably take a full year to get him all the way trained.

He's at an age now where he's learning so much, it's hard for me to keep up! He surprises me every day with something new that he's learned. Yesterday, while watching an outer space episode of Yo Gabba, Gabba he pointed to the opening screen full of stars and said "Look, Momma! Space!". I guess I shouldn't be totally surprised seeing as how Austin is a total space nerd, but it still made me proud. He's got his ABC's down like a champ and is a pro at counting to 10. He's got most of his colors down at this point and loves to point them out everywhere.

So now I'm playing catch up with everything since being gone this weekend. We had some very dear and generous friends keep an eye on our Luna puppy and when we got home, Bestie had done my dishes and Bestie's boy had put some groceries in our fridge. Talk about good friends! I'm so grateful for that, because I've done absolutely nothing since we've been back and I can't imagine the state my kitchen would be in if I those dishes were still in the sink (which they totally would be BTW). It's so hard for me to find the motivation to wake up and go to work every morning and then come home after a long (probably drama filled) day and do anything except play with my babies and go to bed. This weekend will be full of dishes and laundry, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment