Monday, January 17, 2011

Milestones

It's been 12 days since I've updated, and in those 12 days it seems like Punkin is suddenly catching on to so many things.

Our first "OMG HOW CUTE WE MIGHT DIEEEE!" moment was when Punky started singing Winnie the Pooh with us. Austin has always sung him this song as I believe it's his life long ambition to make sure Punk is absolutely obsessed with Winnie the Pooh. So one day during a diaper change Austin sings "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh" and Punky looks at him and sings (not just says but actually sings the tune) "da Pooh". Hilarity ensued. As well as multiple videos and trying to get him to do it 2349234098 times a day since then.

The next moment was when I was at my parent's house. He was sitting in the floor playing with a hair brush and I asked "Are you going to brush your hair?". Can you guess what happened next? HE BRUSHED HIS FREAKING HAIR. I'm pretty sure he's the most genius kid that ever geniused. So now I'll tell him to brush his hair and brush Mama's hair and brush Daddy's hair and he eagerly obliges. It's adorable.

He has FINALLY started saying Mama. He's made the "Ma" sound a few times before but now he's actually saying it regularly like he's calling for me. I'm pretty sure my heart explodes a few thousand times a day.

Let's see what else...oh yes, my baby boy has turned into a silly snake. He loves to say "ssssssss". So now our whole family is a family of snakes saying "sssss" to each other every other word just because it's so funny to see/hear him do it. He also repeated Paw Paw (what the grand kids call my Dad) to my Mom after she said it to him the other day.

We're still working on walking. He'll take a few steps before he falls, but if we try more than twice he gets frustrated because crawling is just oh so much easier. Can you blame the kid? He has a push toy that he pushes around our apartment like crazy, but there's not a lot of room so I have to keep turning it around for him. Hopefully once our lease is up we can move into a new (bigger) place.

As for food, I'm trying to give him more and more finger foods that he can feed himself (I love being able to get stuff done while he eats!). He loves raspberries and blueberries, and they're a great healthy snack for him. He also loves toast, and just yesterday I bought some organic raspberry jam to put on it and I'm pretty sure his little heart swelled 10 times that day, a la the Grinch, at what an amazing treat that was.

He's been sick, as just as he's getting better I get sick. I would kill for a nap right now. Instead I'm sitting at work on what is a holiday for everyone else. I'm still trying to sell my car, and I'm hoping I can get rid of it sooner rather than later. It'll be really nice not to have that payment. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to take the Lactation Consultant class I wanted. I'm just not going to be able to afford it before it gets here. I'm really bummed about it, but eager to start classes in the fall.

Another month and a half and I'll have a toddler! Yikes!

A slightly blurry iPhone pic of him trying to climb into his toy box

No comments:

Post a Comment