Saturday, January 29, 2011

Growing

Punky continues his journey to big boydom.

Tonight, I packed away the bottles. They've been replaced with sippy cups and straw cups. I hope to replace the sippys with straw cups altogether, but he's still working on mastering the straw.

I was way more emotional about putting the bottles away than I thought I would be. It's so just final. His baby days are quickly leading way to toddler days and soon they'll be gone altogether. I should have had newborn pictures taken. I should have had more hospital pictures taken. Lesson learned for next time I suppose.

I officially stopped pumping at work. That I'm not sad about at all. My body had adjusted to the pump so I was barely getting an ounce at each pumping session. He takes 5 ounce bottles. Yeah. That wasn't working for me. I've just started weaning to organic cow's milk for his mid afternoon feeding. I'm still going to nurse whenever I'm with him, and during the week I'll nurse him mornings, my lunch break and before bed. Around 3:30 he'll get a snack and whole milk instead of a bottle. I'm not sure how long I'm going to continue to nurse. I know at least until he's a year. Maybe a month or two after that. But don't tell my husband.

Punky continues to grow in front of my eyes. He has now added Luna (our dog) to his growing list of words. I think he's trying to say book, but I'm not 100% on that. He can tell me where his hair is, and we're currently working on finding our nose. I (finally) got him to clap his hands today. He would put his hands in the air whenever we said yay so now we're working on clapping as well. He's very in to his books right now. He has three that he loves and I think I read each of them twice last night before he went to bed (he let me off easy tonight by only demanding two of them). He has so many books they're literally spilling out of every part of my house. Maybe one night Daddy will get to putting that book case together.

I'm in a very weird place right now, and there are a lot of things I'm trying to sort out in my head before I attempt to actually hold a conversation about them. I'm still trying to sell my car and I'm thisclose to being totally over it. Tax season is upon us again, and with that comes working late, working Saturdays and lots of stress. I'm really hoping I can get away with not having to work late and work Saturdays very often, as I don't get enough time with Punkin as it is. The stress will not be avoided.

And because my hero husband found our digital camera in our mess of a house and saved me from insanity, here are some very adorable pictures of Punkin at the first birthday party he was invited to:

 Riding the ponies
 In the bouncy house
 Bouncing with Daddy
Sleepy boy

No comments:

Post a Comment