Saturday, September 11, 2010

Apples, and Peaches and Potatoes! Oh My!

I have really enjoyed making Punky's food. So far I've made apples, peaches and sweet potatoes. I've frozen them all in my nifty ice cube trays and transferred them in to Ziploc freezer baggies. I just take out a cube of whatever I want to give in the morning and it's defrosted by that night. It's surprisingly easy.

 I think he's really getting the hang of this whole eating thing. When we first put the food in his mouth, no matter what it is, he makes this hilariously horrible face. Here's his sweet potato face:

Also, note the awesome Invader Zim bib. Loves.

We've also started giving him a little water in a sippy cup and he loves it! It's his favorite treat.



I have mesh feeders for him so we've been putting an ice cube in them and he sucks it dry. I'm not sure if it feels good on his gums or if he just really likes water, but either way it's a nice treat for him. I also have chunks of frozen banana in the freezer so I think I'm going to try him with that in the mesh feeder.

In Mommy news, Haley and Daniel came over last night and brought me the most wonderful spaghetti and chicken casserole-ish meal. It was delicious. It was nice to sit around and talk and catch up. And finally meet Daniel! I love having a Mommy friend who lives so close. Soon, it'll be cool enough that we can walk over there.

Tomorrow's agenda holds a Mommy and Daddy day while Grandma baby-sits for us. I have no idea what we're going to do but I'm very much looking forward to some one on one time with Austin. It's been too long. I think we've only gone out twice since our little Punkin came along. It's time, again!

And just because I'm feeling nostalgic, here's a picture I found of Austin and I from a very long time ago. I think we were maybe 19 or something? Man, we're getting old.




No comments:

Post a Comment