Sunday, September 5, 2010

Busy Weekend

Punk and I have been very busy while Austin has been away. Saturday we woke up to go to our first Musikgarten class. He is definitely the youngest by far (the only one not walking), but I still think he enjoyed listening and watching all of the other kids. We have a CD and song book at home so hopefully tomorrow we can find some time to have some fun with it.

After Musikgarten and a much needed nap, we went to the Jr. Museum with my sister and her kids. That was fun, but very hot in the beginning (luckily it cooled down while we were there). Last night we had some very yummy homemade Shepard's Pie with Haley and her little Benjamin. Unfortunately, it was cut short when poor Benjamin hit a rough mood, which I found out later was caused by a stomach bug. Thankfully all is well now and I hear little Benjamin is asking for Baby Jax to come over. We will gratefully oblige, hopefully soon.

Today after Punkin's morning nap we took a trip to New Leaf to see what organic fruits and veggies we could find. We got just a few.

We got some more bananas, apples, peaches and sweet potatoes. I've already baked the sweet potatoes and they're in a pile of mush cooling on my counter at the moment. I bought some ice cube trays with lids so that I can freeze the food in one ounce servings and defrost as needed.


I figure this will be a good way for me to send food to my Mom's when she has him while I'm at work. He still isn't sure about the banana. He'll take a bite and make the most horrible face. I don't know if he's just figuring out the taste or if he just doesn't like bananas. I guess we'll find out soon!

Austin comes home tomorrow, and while I'm glad I've also really enjoyed this one on one time with Punk. It's been really nice to have him to myself these past few days. Tomorrow I'm hoping to just relax around the house and take lots of naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment