Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We have a crawler!

In my last post, Punkin was working on his crawling. Since then, he's mastered it. He's absolutely everywhere and into everything. Note the evidence:


This was taken at my Mom's house while she was babysitting. He crawled off of his blanket with all of his toys and went for the DVDs. He enjoyed himself immensely and was not pleased when he was taken upstairs for a much needed nap.

The same day he started crawling, he started sitting up on his own. Honestly, the first thing I thought was how this is one step closer to him climbing out of his crib. I have no idea why.

On the baby food front, I've upped his meals to two a day. He's getting two cubes (2oz) at each meal now and he eats them up no problem. He gets fruit in the morning and veggies at night. He really loves his fruit. I think peaches are his favorite. I accidentally left the baggie with his apples in it out when I was getting his food ready for the day so I had to toss them. It was really sad. Almost a whole ice cube trays worth of apples, just gone. I'm going to have to get back to New Leaf soon to get some more for him.

We're still working with the sippy cup but it's slow going. He drinks out of it great and will even hold it but he hasn't figured out that he has to actually tip the cup up to get the water out. He'll get it soon enough I think.

On a personal note, I'm finally taking the necessary steps to start becoming a lactation consultant. The Breastfeeding Center is coming to town in January and holding a week long teaching session that will grant me a CLC (certified lactation consultant). I'm really excited about it. It's one step closer to becoming an IBCLC (international board certified lactation consultant). After I finish with the CLC program, I'll still have 40 hours worth of continuing education to take and 1000 clinical hours of actually helping women with breastfeeding, and then I'll have to sit for the IBCLC exam. It's going to be a long road, but I'm so passionate about this. I feel like if women had better access to lactation consultants and were better educated about breastfeeding, more of them would choose that option.

I see a lot of changes happening for our family next year. It's a little scary, but I really can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment