Saturday, November 6, 2010

Punky-ween

So, I promised lots and lots of Harry Potter geekiness in the last post, and I've decided to spare you all (and when I say "you all" I mean all of you out there reading this who don't leave comments. I know you're there! I've had over 12,000 hits! hah). All I'll say is it was the most awesome awesome that ever awesomed. True story.

Punky's first Halloween has come and gone and he was completely adorable as Yoda. Austin dressed up as Luke Skywalker.



We decided to take him trick-or-treating because we're insane. Needless to say, he was totally done by the third house. He couldn't care less and the whole thing was a sham so his greedy parents could consume Halloween candy otherwise reserved for appropriately aged children dressed in the latest Target Halloween fashions.

I'm still eating the candy. :)

Punk's latest food adventure has been chicken. I guess I totally forgot what I read from www.wholesomebabyfood.com (my baby food making bible) and got white meat instead of the easier to make dark meat (since it has more fat). It turned out okay I guess, but he'll only really eat it up if I mix it really well with something to hide the texture. I don't blame him really. It's almost gritty. I think chicken and apples are his favorite so far.

Because peaches and nectarines are out of season, I had to buy them frozen from New Leaf. I guess he could just eat seasonally, but he really loves peaches and it seems like there just isn't enough fruit variety. They're harder to get soft for some reason.

I also gave him yogurt for the first time. I mixed some banana in and he ate it up in no time.

So Punkin has pulling up on everything down to a science, now he's trying to stand on his own. He'll pull up and let go for a few seconds and just stand there like "Look at me, Ma!" before he adorably plops onto his fluffy diaper butt. It's a good thing babies have that extra padding because he plops on that butt at least 50 times a day. Unfortunately, he's also gotten a few bumps along the way of his journey to mobility. I suppose that comes with the territory.

I was pretty sick all week long, so I was able to spend a little more time with him. Even though I was kind of miserable during most of it, I still loved it. 

I pretty much can't wait until Christmas. Seriously. Punky probably won't even care. It'll be just another day and he'll be super cranky from going from one family's house to another, but I'm still so excited. I can't wait to see him experience the lights and music and all the adorable sweaters I can't wait to put on him! They're just sitting in his closet begging me to take them off the hanger. Soon!

Things are of course running through my head as always, but I'm not going to get into it in this post. I can't coherently express my thoughts at the moment, so I'll just be that person who makes everything all about their baby. I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment