Monday, September 12, 2011

Momma/Punkin Time

There was a period of time of about half a second where I REALLY wanted Punkin to call me Mommy. I give up. I've been Momma since he was born and I don't think there's any going back.

I love the weekends. This one was especially awesome. Since Austin started his second job, he's been working double shifts all weekend so Punky doesn't really get to see him. This weekend he had Saturday morning off so we decided to take advantage of the Tallahassee (Jr.) Museum's $2 Saturdays. It's a great deal! Especially since he got sleepy pretty quick so we were only there for maybe an hour.

The last time we went was probably almost a year ago, so he was too little to really get into it. This time, he loved seeing the farm animals! We've been working on our animal noises so it was fun to see them live. He would just stand at the fence staring at them and we would be saying "Look, it's a cow! The cow says Moooo!". He would look for a long moment and then say "It's a puppy! ROO ROO ROO". So every thing was kind of a big puppy...or maybe he meant it's an animal like a puppy? Either way, we're still working on the animal thing.

The rest of the weekend Momma and Punkin cleaned and played. He loves helping with the laundry. Whenever I switch clothes from the washer to the dryer I hand him the smaller things like rags or socks and he'll put them in the dryer for me. Folding clothes is his favorite. He doesn't fold them so much as he throws them on the couch but he's still helping, which I will appreciate as much as possible for the moment because I know he won't always want to!

I managed to get our back deck cleaned off so he can go out there and run around a bit now that it's starting to cool off. One of my (many) Momma guilts is that he doesn't play outside enough. Our back yard isn't really fit for it and we live on a very busy road so I'm scared to let him play in the front yard. I figured the deck was a good compromise. I'm hoping for Christmas we can get him some outside toys to play with. I'm thinking maybe a water/sand table. Anyone have experience with those?

We played with blocks, colored in his Pooh Bear coloring book and read lots of books. It was a pretty good weekend.

I've always heard that around 18 months is really when they have a big language explosion and I can definitely see it! He's catching on to words to quickly now. Even yesterday when I asked if he wanted to go outside he was screaming "outside! outside!" and running for the door. I've never heard him say that before. He's picked up blocks (sounds like boss right now lol) and he's saying book regularly now, as he would kind of use it off and on before. He's saying drink (which for some reason is just "dee") and asking for num, num. I'm trying to break him of the calling food num, num thing because it's started to bug me. Not sure why but I keep trying to use words like eat and lunch instead.

We're still working on please and thank you. He'll randomly say thank you but never when I ask him to. It'll be after I give him a kiss or hand him a book or something. Or he'll hand me something and say thank you. I really would love for him to have good manners so I'm being diligent!

Helping Momma sweep the deck.


I caught him laying down on the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment