Sunday, July 10, 2011

Never Take Your Eye Off Of A Toddler

Duh.

But seriously. It seems like if I turn my head for two seconds, Punkin is in to something he shouldn't be.

Today I was sitting at my parents house babysitting my brother. I had Punky with me and he was happily playing in the corner of never ending toys tucked into the dining room. I was sitting at the dining room table trying desperately to finish the 7th Harry Potter book before my sister got home so she could borrow it. I see Punkin out of peripheral and note somewhere in the back of my mind that he's perfectly content pushing around a toy tractor and saying "vroom vroom". I suddenly smelled something familiar, but it didn't really click as I was deeply immersed in the battle at Hogwarts at that point. Punkin ran in front of me waving his arms for me to pick him up. I look down and realized what I smelled was mustard. It was all over his face and hands and he was rubbing it on my jeans, watching it make yellow stains against the blue like he was finger painting.

I couldn't do much more than splutter in confusion. Looking around for the source of the mustard, I realized there was a condiment bowl sitting in the floor by the living room end table. Courtesy of my sister. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't a fan and that's why he came to me waving his arms instead of hiding in a corner going to town.

So yeah. Never take your eyes off of a toddler. Or you'll walk around smelling like mustard all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment