Thursday, July 28, 2011

When It Rains...

It pours.

So, to be quite honest, we've been having a hard time about it lately. We're struggling pretty hard core financially. We're falling behind on bills and extra expenses seem to be piling up. I have a bridesmaid dress that needs to be ordered by next week and I need an oil change and new tires pretty soon.

So what happens?

A wreck. Austin was hit in his car on his way to take Punkin to my Mom's house. Both were fine, thank goodness. Austin's car however, was not. He was hit in the passenger side door and all the way down the side to the bumper. The car was spun around (basically did a 180) and the rod holding the tire to the axle was completely torn off. The tire was bent at a very unnatural angle. At first glance it doesn't look too horrible, but we're thinking it's going to be totaled. We haven't heard back yet.

So if it is totaled, we're keeping our fingers crossed we can get more than what we owe on it. It's definitely worth more than what we owe, so hopefully we at least get KBB value. It'll be great to be able to pay off the car, but then we're short a car. We can't get by with just one car the way our schedules are. The bus is a no go since we both go back and forth to my Mom's and buses don't run out there.

Best case scenario, we can pay off the car and my sister will be able to let us have her cavalier. Not a great car, but it's free so I'm not complaining.

Punkin seemed pretty unaffected by the whole ordeal, other than being a VERY cranky toddler due to a missed nap when we took a "just-in-case" trip to the ER. Other than that he's been his normal silly self.

He's still babbling up a storm. Last night when we put him to bed every time we would say "night-night" he would say "Eeyore!". I don't know why it was Eeyore, but we go with it. He also loves the word puppy now and says it all the time. He loves to dance and clap his hands, and I'm so very tempted to try and take him to Yo Gabba-Gabba live when it comes to town, but I just don't know if I'm willing to risk it! It'll be at the end of November. He'll be creeping a lot closer to 2 at that point so maybe, but I'd be bummed if we couldn't stay for the whole thing. He did surprise me with the Pooh movie though, so who knows.

My 25th birthday was last week and I have to say, it was pretty awesome. I got some amazing gifts from friends and family including gift cards from my folks, an awesome scrapbook from my mom-in-law, and the most amazing pair of shoes I will ever own from Bestie. And lots more. It was really great to feel the love. Austin's birthday is this weekend, and I have no idea what to do. We're both so broke it's ridiculous, so I don't even know if I could treat him to dinner and movie like he did for me. I'm sure I'll figure something out before then.

So for now I'm trying really hard to to stress. It's not working, but I'm trying. It's been one of those weeks where I want to throw my hands in the air and just quit life. If only it were that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment